Welcome to Primary EyeCare Optometrics
Eyes are important indicators of overall health, and comprehensive eye care goes beyond a prescription for glasses or contact lenses. At Primary Eyecare Optometrics, we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history, and your vision needs. Our optometrist provides the expert care, advice, options, and follow up you need whether you are a new patient or an existing one. Schedule an appointment today!
Use of Specialty Contact Lenses:
Our doctors diagnose and treat Keratoconus which is a pathological steepening of the cornea. This condition is controlled with the use of special contact lenses. One of these lenses is a “skirted” lens which combines rigid and soft materials. The rigid center slows the progression of the disease and the soft skirt maximizes comfort.
Dr. Osias is certified to fit “Corneal Refractive Therapy” contact lenses. These lenses change the shape of your cornea while you sleep and thereby correct myopia.Our doctors also use “bandage” contact lenses to assist healing and provide relief from corneal abrasions or other corneal trauma.
What makes us different?
- We have highly trained doctors, state of the art technology, and the finest materials, while maintaining our “home town” attitude.
- The practice is over 60 years old and we are taking care of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of people who came to Dr. Leonard Osias in the 50’s and 60’s.
- We know our patients by name
- Doctors who understand binocular vision issues and how to prescribe for them.
- Doctors who fit a variety of contact lenses and successfully prescribe for patients who have been unsuccessful contact lens wearers elsewhere.
Eye Diseases treated:
All our doctors are licensed for therapeutic pharmaceuticals and diagnose and prescribe for eye infections, corneal ulcers and abrasions, and allergies. They are also licensed and trained to remove foreign bodies from the cornea. Dr. Osias and Dr. Tran are glaucoma certified and diagnose and manage glaucoma.
Cutting Edge Technology:
We have the newest version of the Optomap – the Daytona. This instrument provides a 200-degree image of the back of the eye with dual scanning (red and green) lasers.
The wide field of view enhances the doctor’s ability to detect early signs of disease and possible abnormalities even in the periphery of the retina.
We also have an OCT (ocular coherence tomographer) and Octopus (diagnostic field analyzer) necessary for glaucoma diagnosis and management to save the patient visits to the M.D.
Providing our patients the best in eye care to improve and maintain eye health and the best information and materials for attaining the best quality of life.